Sa vz. 58 Rifle Build
We build the most authentic vz. 58 rifle using your parts and your receiver!
The vz. 58 is a design like no other and we have 13 years of working on these rifles daily.
No one in the USA knows the vz. 58 as well as we do and we'll build a rifle that you'll be proud to own!
$725.00: build price with your vz. 58 FOLDING STOCK parts kit and your receiver (includes 2 aluminum magazines).
$690.00: build price with your vz. 58 FIXED STOCK parts kit and your receiver (includes 2 aluminum magazines).
Build prices above include the following:
* refinish in imported Czech baked-on enamel paint (your choice of Blue or Grey finish). Includes refinishing 2 aluminum magazines provided by you.
* press barrel out of parts kit receiver stub (will use piston stop from this receiver stub).
* Populate stripped barrel with gas block and front sight base.
* press barrel into receiver (new barrel pin provided by Samopal).
* full auto trigger mechanism converted to semi auto (safety holder and spacer parts for trigger mechanism provided by Samopal).
* rivet trigger guard and trigger assembly spring (rivets provided by Samopal).
* pin and weld your supplied muzzle attachment to ensure the barrel is 16 inches or more in length. If no muzzle brake, we can provide one for $55.00. Pics of this muzzle brake is shown on the home page. It's the only one offered by us.
* weld push-down plate onto bolt carrier to prevent misfires commonly called "The Gremlin" (push-down plate provided by Samopal).
* engrave selector markings ("F" and "S") onto receiver (this position has the selector lever move rearward to FIRE, downward for SAFE and forward for SAFE (no engraving for forward SAFE position)
* test fire and zero at 25 yards.
Optional: $85.00 - Selector Lever Modification - Used by Czech Small Arms vz. 58 rifles and pistols.
Includes the following:
* mill the safety selector lever so when the lever is pushed forward, that is the fire position. Advantage: increased ergonomics as hand can remain on pistol grip when moving lever from Safe to Fire unlike unmodified selector lever.
* drill receiver and install selector lever stop so the selector will only move to two positions: forward to FIRE and downward for SAFE. Selector stop prevents the safety selector from moving rearward.
* engrave "F" and "S" in corresponding locations for the modified safety selector lever.
*** Attention Assault Weapons of Ohio and Ohio Rapid Fire Receiver Owners ***
We charge $100.00 labor on top of our build price for additional hand-fitting of parts on AWO receivers. AWO receivers make nice rifles, but we regularly have to resolve the following issues: piston stop fitting, bolt height on rails for cartridge feeding, weld additional material to flat spring that pushes up on the safety pin to hold receiver cover pin, and etc...